Welcome to Thame’ first ever Window Wanderland!
We are delighted to be bringing this fantastic event to our town and with your help we will transform the streets into a magical outdoor gallery for all to enjoy – brightening people’s evenings in the run up to Christmas. It is an exciting initiative to get people out to see the diverse creativity within the town and get us all in the Christmas Spirit in what has been a challenging year.
Fancy taking part?
Taking part as a Windowmaker is FREE and everyone’s welcome. You can make a display in the windows of your flat, house, business, school, nursery, car, campervan, shop – or in your front garden!
The display you create DOES NOT need to be Christmassy -although you are obviously welcome to create a Christmas display. However to keep it as varied and as interesting as possible, do feel free to let your imagination and creativity run wild, If you are stuck for an idea, what about creating a display that:
- celebrates our community,
- celebrate something or someone you have really appreciated through 2020,
- celebrate what you are looking forward to in 2021
- Say thank you to key workers,
- Pay tribute to someone,
- Showcase your Hobbies/Interests
- and much more.. You can make anything you like!
Please don’t feel intimidated. Your display could be as simple as a candle, book or fairy-lights in a window. Or you could go all out and stage a performance in your front room! Anything goes… as long as it’s family friendly!
Why not talk to your neighbours (from a distance of course) and see if you can get your whole street involved!
If you have any questions or would just like some help with templates and design ideas please feel free to contact us and we will try our best to help where possible.
What to do next:
- Click on ‘Take part in this event’ to add your location to our map.
- You’ll get a ‘Welcome Pack’ when you sign in and access to lots of inspiration for windows too
- Tell your friends and neighbours and ask them to get involved!
If you have any questions or would like to sponsor, promote or volunteer to help with this event, please contact us through Contact organiser on the right.
Keep checking back to this page to see our map grow!
Deadline for printed maps
Closer to the event we will be creating paper maps for people to collect to use on their Window Wanderland adventures. If you want to get onto our printed map please sign up by Monday 7th December — you can still sign up to be on the online map after this date.
How to view the Window Wanderland
Once the event goes ‘live’ on December 18 people will be able to view it in their own time, alone or with friends or family in small groups adhering to the government guidelines.
Who is running this event?
This event is being run as a fundraiser to support the 3 local primary schools in Thame in lieu of this years Annual Fireworks event.
Campaign code: WW20
To donate £1, text WW20 to 70201
To donate £3, text WW20 to 70331
To donate £5, text WW20 to 70970
To donate £10, text WW20 to 70191
* Fundraising, payments and donations will be processed and administered by the National Funding Scheme, operating as DONATE, a charity registered in England and Wales (1149800) and Scotland (SC045106). In addition to any text donation, you will incur your standard network message charge (based on your service provider rates). For Terms & Conditions, see www.easydonate.org
All support will be very gratefully received and split equally between the three schools.
With thanks to Thame Town Council and Lucy Electric for their support in bringing this to life.
Thame Primary Schools