Corstorphine Window Wanderland is back! Once again we will be brightening up the last weekend of February by transforming the streets into a magical outdoor gallery for all to enjoy.
Window Wanderland is a free event and everyone is invited to take part – residents, schools, community groups and businesses. Supported by Corstorphine Community Council and the Corstorphine Trust, we hope the whole community will get involved with decorating windows or wandering, or both!
Whether you’re a maker or a wanderer, this must be a Covid-safe event. Please make sure you stay safe and follow the latest Covid-19 rules and advice.
Fancy joining in?
Taking part is completely free, you just need to register your window so that people know you are part of the trail and will come to see your display between 6pm and 9pm on the evenings of the 26th, 27th and 28th February 2022.
You can make a display in the windows of your home, school, nursery, shop, business, car, or in your front garden. Your display could be as simple as a cut-out shape, some colourful tissue paper, fairy-lights or a Lego scene. Anything goes … as long as it’s family friendly.
Closer to the time, you will be able to view an online map showing all the windows taking part. We have increased the area this year, but feel free to join in even if you’re outside this boundary – it’s just a guide.
Ready to sign up?
- Click on ‘Take part in this event’ to add your location to our map.
- You’ll get an email with a welcome pack when you sign in and access to lots of inspiration for your windows.
- Spread the word amongst your friends and neighbours and ask them to join in too.
Where can I get materials?
We will have basic materials such as coloured tissue, black paper and tracing paper for sale nearer the time and will post information on this website and on our Facebook page.
We want to be as environmentally friendly as possible – please think about what you could repurpose to create your design rather than buying new. Cardboard from cereal boxes, wrapping paper, packaging and tissue paper from gifts can all be repurposed to good effect.
Window Wanderlands are inherently low risk in terms of Covid-19, however there are obviously things you still need to consider, so please have a read of the following:
- Please remember to adhere to the latest Covid-19 rules and advice including guidelines on social distancing.
- There shouldn’t be any reason for crowding, but if you’re at all concerned please make use of floor markings to mark 2m distance guidelines.
- Give one another space when looking at displays. If a street looks too busy, come back later.
If you have any questions or would like to sponsor, promote or volunteer to help with this event, please contact Vikki and Becky through the ‘Contact event organiser’ button on the right or email email@example.com