TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ALL USERS OF THE WEBSITE
1. Using Our Services
By using our Services, you are agreeing to these terms (“Terms”) with Window wanderland. Please read them carefully.
2. Registration and Account Security
In order to use our Services, you need to register for an account. Here are some commitments you make to us about registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- We recommend that you create a strong password that isn’t used anywhere else.
- You will not create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- You will not sign up to Window wanderland if you are under 16.
- You will not share your password or let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- You will not transfer your account to anyone without first getting our written permission.
- If you learn of any unauthorised use of your password or account, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Your Personal Data
As an organiser you have ‘blind’ access to emailing all of the participants on your event through the website. If your participants offer to help organise the event their email is shown to you. We may send you administrative messages and other information to do with your event only at your email address. We do this through ‘Sendinblue’ who comply with GDPR.
When you sign up on the map we do not ask for your name, we only store your address and your email. Your email is kept on our record so that you can be contacted by future organisers for participation only. You will NOT be automatically added to following events. As you have signed up with your own account you can choose to remove yourself completely at any time.
We will never send you unsolicited email or pass on your details to anyone else. Please note that you will always receive emails from event organisers about events you sign up to. However, the organiser will never see your email address. We do this through ‘Sendinblue’ who comply with GDPR.
Your email is not shown to the organiser at all except if you tick the ‘volunteer to help’ button – your email will be visible by the organiser if you do this.
We have an occasional newsletter that we send out when we have something to share, we aim to make it relevant, not to sell you anything, keep it short and make you smile. if you want to receive that you can ‘opt in’ and be added to our mailing list.
4. Our Rules
We want everyone to enjoy being part of our trusted community. We need everyone to commit to the following rules regarding our website and social media.
You must follow these Terms when you use our Services. Do not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Terms of Service.
- Do not use Window Wanderland to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- Do not display or post content that is hateful, threatening, pornographic, incites violence, or contains graphic or gratuitous violence.
- Do not send or otherwise post unauthorised commercial communications (such as spam) on Window Wanderland.
- Do not impersonate any person or organisation, or falsely state your affiliation with a person or organisation.
- Do not collect users’ content or information, or otherwise access Window Wanderland, using automated means (such as building your own site, harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our permission. You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- Do not misuse our Services; for example, do not interfere with our Services or try to access them using a method other than the interface and the instructions that we provide.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working of Window Wanderland, such as a denial of service attack.
- Do not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on Window Wanderland.
- Do not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- Do not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
We may suspend or stop providing our Services to you if you do not comply with our Terms or policies or if we are investigating suspected misconduct.
5. Your Window Wanderland
- In the situation of Covid-19, you are responsible to make sure you are compliant with any current restrictions in your local area. If you are in the UK here is the link to the government website.
- Be responsible about noise, litter, traffic and your conduct towards your neighbours.
- Please keep it ‘non-judgemental’ i.e. Don’t make it competitive.
- Please keep it ‘non-commercial’ i.e. do not sell Art or other related goods on the trail other than for charity or to recoup costs.
- Window Wanderland is not liable for the safety around your home on the night, please be responsible for your own garden, using precautions with lights if there are steps or dangers.
- If you use temporary structures, please ensure they are secure.
- If using lights outside, please ensure that they are secure, designed for use OUTDOORS and use appropriate outdoor power sources.
6. Your Content
When you submit or post content to Window Wanderland, we retain the right to share your images. You grant to us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide licence to use the content that you post on Window Wanderland, including for use on other media. Make sure that you have the necessary rights to grant us this licence for any content you submit to our Services.
Here are a few examples that you will be familiar with:
- we display your content and images so that it can be searched for and seen on the internet to celebrate your community.
- we may use your content and / or images to advertise your Window Wanderland online (such as through display advertisements on other websites or through search results) or offline (such as in flyers or posters)
7. Other People’s Rights, Information and Content
- We respect other people’s rights, and expect you to do the same. You will not post content or take any action on Window wanderland that infringes or violates someone else’s rights or otherwise violates the law.
- You may not use content from our Services unless you obtain permission from its owner or are otherwise permitted by law.
- Our Services display some content that is not Window wanderland’s. This content is the sole responsibility of the entity that makes it available.
- If you think that a user on Window wanderland is violating your copyright and want to notify us please contact us through the website.
8. Our rights when we provide the service
Branding, trademarks, service marks and logos used in our Services may belong to Window Wanderland or other persons. These Terms do not grant you the right to use them. Using our Services does not give you ownership of any intellectual property rights in our Services or the content that you access. Window Wanderland gives you a personal, worldwide, royalty-free, non-assignable and non-exclusive licence to use the platform and software provided to you as part of the Services. This licence is for the sole purpose of enabling you to use and enjoy the benefit of the Services as provided by Window Wanderland in the manner permitted by these terms. You may not copy, modify, distribute, sell or lease any part of our Services or included platform or software, nor may you reverse engineer or attempt to extract the source code of that platform or software, unless laws prohibit those restrictions or you have our written permission.
9. Our obligations
Where applicable laws require, we will respond to legitimate requests by authorities or court orders to disclose information. In serious instances of abuse we may also notify the police or relevant law enforcement agency. Window Wanderland cannot and does not monitor content of our users’ content or communications and therefore Window Wanderland cannot and does not guarantee that our website is free of illegal material or other content that may be considered unacceptable. When it comes to our notice, we may review content to determine whether it is illegal or violates our policies, and we may remove or refuse to display content that we reasonably believe violates our policies or the law.
10. Changing our Terms
We may update our Terms for various reasons, for example, to take into account changes in our Services, the law or to deal with gaps in our Terms. If we need to update our Terms, we will give you notice either by posting the change on our website or contacting you by email. You should look at these Terms regularly. Where we believe that a change is likely to cause you material disadvantage, we will let you know about the change at least 28 days before it happens.
However, changes in our Terms relating to new functions for a Service or changes made for legal reasons will be effective immediately. If you do not agree to any changes, you should discontinue your use of our Services. Refer to Ending the Service below for more information about how to delete your account.
11. If you break these Terms
If you violate the letter or spirit of these Terms, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of Window Wanderland to you. We will notify you by email or at the next time you attempt to access your account. We may also delete your account. In all such cases, our agreement will come to an end. Sometimes we may choose to ignore it if you break one of our Terms, or we may choose not to enforce a particular term. But even if we do this, we can still choose to enforce that term or take action because you break that or any other term in the future.
12. Ending the Service
13. Our Responsibility to you when we provide the service
We provide our Services using a commercially reasonable level of skill and care and we hope that you will enjoy using them. But there are certain things that we do not promise about our Services. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that our Services will never be faulty. Other than as expressly set out in these Terms, neither Window Wanderland nor its suppliers or distributors makes any specific promises about the Services. For example, we do not make any commitments about the content within the Services, the specific functions of the Services or their reliability, availability or ability to meet your needs. We provide the Services “as is”. Some jurisdictions provide for certain warranties, like the implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all warranties. When permitted by law, we have no responsibility to pay you compensation for financial loss, for any information which is lost or corrupted, or for any loss that could not have been reasonably expected. We will not be liable to you for any losses that you may suffer if you have used our Services for business purposes.
To the extent permitted by law, the total liability of Window Wanderland and its suppliers and distributors for any claims under these Terms, including for any implied warranties, is limited to the amount that you paid us to use the Services.
We recognise that in some countries, you might have legal rights as a consumer. If you are using the Services for a personal purpose, then nothing in these Terms limits any consumers’ legal rights which may not be waived by contract.
14. Matters beyond our reasonable control
Sometimes we may not be able to do what we have agreed because of something beyond our reasonable control, which may include: lightning, flood, severe weather, fire, explosion, terrorist activities, anything done by Government or other competent authority, or industrial disputes. There may be other reasons too. In these cases, we do not accept responsibility for not providing you with the Services.
If you have a problem or complaint about Window Wanderland or its users, you may contact us on email@example.com.
16. Contacting each other
When we need to contact you for important or administrative issues, we will use your e-mail address. If you need to contact us, please come through the website or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
17. Other things that we need to tell you
These Terms make up the entire agreement between the parties regarding our Services, and supersedes any prior agreements. These Terms and our relationship will be governed by the laws of England. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
You accept that this agreement for our Services is personal to you and agree not to transfer it to anyone else, or to try to do so. However, we may take instructions from a person whom we think, with good reason, is acting with your permission. We can transfer this agreement for our Services to another company provided this does not adversely affect your rights under the agreement.
After these Terms come to an end, the provisions of this agreement, which by their nature extend beyond the termination, will survive termination of the agreement or termination of your use or access to all or any portion of our site.
No third party is entitled to enforce any term under this agreement under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.If any portion of these Terms is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.