Welcome to Govan Window Wanderland!
We are delighted to be bringing this fantastic event to Govan on Saturday 22nd Feb and with your help we will transform the streets into a magical outdoor gallery for all to enjoy!
Fancy taking part?
Taking part as a Windowmaker is FREE and everyone’s welcome. You can make a display in the windows of your flat, house, business, school, nursery, shop – or in your front garden!
Please don’t feel intimidated. Your display could be as simple as a candle, book or fairy-lights in a window. Or you could go all out and stage a performance in your front room! Our theme is Heritage (people, place, buildings, culture) but anything goes… as long as it’s family friendly!
What to do next:
- Click on ‘Take part in this event’ to add your location to our map.
- You’ll get a ‘Welcome Pack’ when you sign in and access to lots of inspiration for windows too.
- Tell your friends and neighbours and ask them to get involved!
If you have any questions or would like to sponsor, promote or volunteer to help with this event, please contact the Govan Arts, Heritage and Well-being team through the Contact Organiser link on the right or email Govanwindowwanderland@gmail.com.
Keep checking back to this page to see our map grow!
Deadline for printed maps
If you want to get onto our printed map please sign up by 7th February — you can still sign up to be on the online map after this date. You can sign up even if you are outwith the printable map area.
- Save the date – Saturday January 18th at 10am – Govan and Linthouse Parish church. Join us for a community information session on the Govan Window Wanderland project and find out more about how you can take part, tell your neighbours or just enjoy the event!
- We will be running schools and community window workshops throughout February. Here you’ll find inspiration, a chance to try out designs and templates and even take away some basic materials to make your own windows. Watch this space for more info!
- This event is funded by Govan Thriving Places and Govan Cross THI.
Start/End Dates: Saturday 22nd February. Event walking trail and activities. Windows will stay up in as many places as possible for the whole weekend.
Window times: 6-9pm. This is when windows will be lit on the event date.