This event has already taken place.
Download window map
Thanks for finding us and a huge welcome to the first Window Wanderland in Stonehouse where we join up, dress up your windows and then dress up to go outside spotting the houses on the map. Visit this site on the weekend of the 19th March when the map will be downloadable.
Fancy taking part: We are a family event. All welcome. Have fun and Be Kind to yourself. Don’t compare your Window to others . It could be as simple as dusting off the fairy-lights and putting them in a window. Or putting toys/lego on show or plants lit up. Anything goes… as long as it’s family-friendly!
As Saturday 20th is International Day of Happiness we want to think about what does ‘happiness’ mean to you. It could be anything, as if making something makes you happy that makes us happy. Also, we want to celebrate the Spring Equinox by placing a sun or sunflower in each window, some light after a long Winter. Plus free material bags, scooter prizes, and a growing kit in each bag, wildflowers or sunflowers.
What to do next:
- Click on ‘Take part in this event’ to add your location to our map.
- Join The Facebook Site to share videos and photos @Stonehouse Windowwaderland
- Tell your friends and neighbours and ask them to get involved!
- Free Materials Visit Plymouth Scrapstore (between Aldi and Lidl) betweem 10am-2pm to receive a pack with card, tissue, glue, and some sun templates.
- Visit the facebook site @Stonehouse Windowanderland and post photos of what you are doing.
If you have any questions or would like to sponsor, promote or volunteer to help with this event, please contact email@example.com or through the contact organiser button.
Please keep checking back to this page to see our map grow!
- We will be providing Windowland workshopping with local schools.
- We thank Stronger North Stonehouse for the grant to support this event.
Window Wanderlands have been held around the world, and here are some links if you want to know more:
Window Wanderland on The One Show
Windows of Wonder – The Guardian
Window Wanderland spreads friendship – BBC News.