This event has already taken place.
STRATHBUNGO WINDOW WANDERLAND IS BACK!
On Saturday 24 February 2018, Strathbungo Window Wanderland will once again transform the streets of Strathbungo into a spectacular outdoor gallery for all to enjoy.
Thanks to the incredible efforts of Strathbungo residents, the 2017 event exceeded all expectations… It attracted national media attention and was seen as a real celebration of community and what we can achieve when we all pull together! From performances in front rooms to amazing projections onto buildings; mischievous monkeys, polka dot parties, disco balls, bubble baths, mythical creatures, intricate installations, pop up bingo halls and tattoo parlours, fantastical faraway lands and music filling the streets…. It was beautiful! We can’t wait to see what 2018’s event brings!
Simply sign up and create a window display in the front windows of your flat, house, business or shop. Please don’t feel intimidated! A ‘display’ could be as simple as a candle, book, fairy lights or image in a window. Or you could go all out and stage a performance in your front room! Simple or spectacular… it’s completely up to you.
What to do next:
– Click on ‘take part’ to join in and add your location to the map
– Follow our facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/bungowindows/) and event page (https://www.facebook.com/events/146845845927613/?active_tab=about) for updates on our event
– Tell your friends and neighbours and ask them to get involved too… you might even want to work together on a display across 2 houses (or more!)
– On the evening of Saturday 24 February 2018, go for a walk around Strathbungo and enjoy the wonderful street festival that we have created together as a community!
– Drop £2 through the letterbox at 41 Regent Park Square to cover our donation to the wider Window Wanderland organisation to help them to continue their work.
Strathbungo Window Wanderland is organised entirely by volunteers in their spare time. If you have any questions or would like to help spread the word about the event, please contact Sarah Reid at firstname.lastname@example.org