This event has already taken place.
Download window map
Welcome to Tetbury’s first Window Wanderland!
We are delighted to be starting a creative community project in the streets of Tetbury. With your help we will transform our town into a spectacular outdoor gallery for all to enjoy! A perfect Covid-friendly event to brighten up the deepest, darkest winter evenings, produced by Tetbury Goods Shed Arts Centre with the help of local groups and organisations and hopefully YOU.
Fancy taking part?
Taking part as a Windowmaker is FREE and everyone’s welcome. You can make a lit up display in the windows of your flat, house, business, school, nursery, car, campervan, shop – or anywhere it can be seen from the street!
Window Wanderlands are a popular event around the UK and further; here are some links if you want to know more:
Window Wanderland on the One Show https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0f5l6_3T1Q
Window Wanderland spreads friendship – https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-bristol-47256943
Be brave and have a go. Your display could be as simple as a block of different coloured tissue paper over each window with stuck on stars or repurpose your Christmas fairy-lights in a window around a jungle of your favourite pot plants and furry jungle animals. Or you could go all out and create a tissue paper and card masterpiece which links with a theme in your street. Or create yours from recycled materials.
What to do next:
- Click on ‘Take part in this event’ to add your location to our map.
- You’ll get a ‘Welcome Pack’ when you sign in and access to lots of inspiration for windows too
- Tell your friends and neighbours and ask them to get involved!
- Check out Tetbury Goods Shed, Tetbury Visitor Information Centre and the Library for inspiration and paper registration.
If you have any questions or would like to sponsor, promote or volunteer to help with this event,
please contact Christine through Contact organiser on the right or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep checking back to this page to see our map grow!
5 drop-in workshops
- Friday 28 January 4:30 pm to 6:30pm
- Saturday 29 January 10:30 am to 12:30 am
- Friday 4 February 4:30 pm to 6:30pm
- Saturday 5 February 10:30 am to 12:30 pm
- Wednesday 23 February (in half term) 10:30 am to 12:30 pm
We will be providing a ‘Downloadable’ map available on this page, with a street listing of those taking part, so check in nearer the time!